IT Infrastructure Strategy Facilitator – Power and Water Utility
- Guided IT infrastructure leadership through a quick strategy development process
- Strategy focused on team relationships, relationships with other teams (both IT and non-IT), organizational structure, and high priority projects
- Included collaboration with all members of the IT infrastructure team for feedback and buy-in
- Strategy content shared with the entire IT organization and well received by CIO and other IT teams
Interim Senior Director, Operations and Infrastructure– Medical Services Company
- Led O&I team during search for a permanent replacement – overall six months
- Team undergoing divestiture from current parent company and acquisition into a new organization
- Provided leadership and technical guidance for both overall daily team activities, establishing medium-term strategic direction and guidance on multiple technical divestiture projects
Technical Architect, Data Center Migration – Medical Services Company
- Led overall technical solution to migrate a medium-sized environment from Florida to Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Worked with business to identify scope, integration points, relationships, dependencies and outage windows, and technical team to determine the overall technical solution.
- Overall process took six months, primarily due to significant security stance changes between legacy and new data center requirements.
Senior Director, Data Center Migration Lead – Technology Managed Services Provider
- Primary team activities included data center migrations and consolidations into the service provider’s data center space, including multi-tenant storage, backup, and network services. The team executed 17 migrations.
- Took overall architectural leadership during a data center migration that failed its first migration. Refocused the methodology while keeping within budget and minimal impact on the migration schedule. Production data center migration redesigned and executed in 4 weeks, substantially less time than similar-sized client migrations.
Executive Director, Infrastructure Operations – Business Support Solutions & Services Company
- Led global operations team responsible for compute, storage, backup, network, and database.
- Managed operational efficiencies and quality measures to dramatically reduce downtime and increase customer service. Managed ITIL initiatives, including Service Catalog, Problem Management, and Change Management.
- Led Infrastructure Operations teams through an acquisition and multiple reorganizations.Overall, four teams were added, resulting in a 3X increase in overall team size, which reached 165 staff members.
- During critical incidents, engaged directly with technical engineers to identify impact, symptoms, potential causes, and analyze potential technical workarounds to enable quick restoration of service.
- Evaluated multiple outsourcing opportunities, primarily focused on global data center operations and database administration to increase quality and reduce operating expenses.
Senior Director, Infrastructure Operations – Technology Managed Services Provider
- Led engineering and operations team responsible for compute, storage, backup, database, and infrastructure applications.
- Worked with Infrastructure Architecture team in determining infrastructure direction for compute, storage, and monitoring capabilities.
- Led team through multiple reorganizations, broad offshoring initiative, and increasing size and complexity of new clients.
- Instrumental in the company achieving aggressive growth, customer satisfaction, and cost reductions during a post-acquisition culture shift. Provided strategic and operational leadership to a global 150-member staff serving 50 customers.
- Led justification and deployment of new provisioning software for Windows and Linux, resulting in >90% savings in staff costs, reduced build time, increased consistency, and customer satisfaction.
- Integrated and centralized team responsibilities and processes across six geographically distributed and historically non-integrated work locations.
Infrastructure Subject Matter Expert, Disaster Recovery Analysis – Healthcare Provider
- Redesigned comprehensive Disaster Recovery service catalog and analyzed infrastructure and application architectures and dependencies across the healthcare provider’s financial services business unit.
- Original plan included limited ability to recover systems at a 3rd-party DR facility with new service catalog designed to utilize existing geographically diverse data centers
Technical Account Director – Technology Managed Services Provider
- Worked on-site with client teams over several months representing the entire infrastructure function, which had migrated to a remote facility.
- Represented the full breadth of infrastructure technology domains in discussions with application teams and business units.
- Helped guide software deployment teams to be efficient with infrastructure technology spend and support requirements.
- Point B
- tw telecom
- (i)Structure / Infocrossing / Wipro
- Predictive Systems
- Booz Allen & Hamilton
Education and Other Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science, Ohio University – Communications Systems Management
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- Scrum Master Certified
- ITILv3 Foundations